We encourage all parents of our English Learners to attend and be a part of our ELAC committee. The purposes of this committee are:
1. To participate in our needs assessments of our students, parents and teachers.
2. To advise the principal, Mr. Wright, the GIS, Mrs. Hatamaria, and our staff on our school's program for our English Learners.
3. To provide input on the most effective ways that we can ensure regular school attendance.
4. To advise our school on the annual language census.
5. To advise the School Site Council (SSC) on the development of the School Improvement Plan.
We MUST have a minimum of one (1) parent of English Learners, along with the GIS, teachers of English Learners, other parents, and instructional aides to make up our ELAC committee. In addition, we are in need of one EL parents to represent Mountain View at the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) meetings every quarter. This parent representative will then provide information learned at the District meetings to our ELAC committee at MV.
We would love to see you at our meetings this year! All meetings are held in our Technology Lab at 2:45 PM. If you are in need of child care or a translator, please email Ashley Hall one week prior to the meetings so that we can make those arrangements for you. The following are our meeting dates for 2022-2023:
Quarter 1: September 29, 2022
Quarter 2: December 12, 2022
Quarter 3: March 13, 2023
Quarter 4: May 15, 2023
For more information, please contact Jessica Hatamaria or Ashley Hall at 327-7500.